zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed Applocation using Zookeeper
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2014 18:32:01 GMT
I hope you will be keeping each IP address as an znode in ZooKeeper. Also,
if you don't have any costly operation before storing the znode in
ZooKeeper, there is an optimistic way. When a request comes, pick one of
the available IP from the pool and try create IP znode in ZooKeeper. Say,
if two are trying to create same znode in ZK simultaneously, one will get
"KeeperException.NodeExistsException". Now pick another available one
optimistically and creates again.

Regards,
Rakesh