zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asynchronous API's and monotonicity
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 16:45:28 GMT
Hi Mudit,

A client will have a consistent order and will dispatches the request
sequentially. Basically its in FIFO order, all requests from a given client
are executed in the order that they were sent by the client. In your case,
Z1 request will be processed first and then Z2 request. Ofcourse, Z1's
sequential number will be less than Z2's sequential number.

But this behaviour may not be same if we perform operations through
different clients. Here network delays or other factors may cause different
clients to see a change.

Regards,
Rakesh