zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rakeshr.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed Applocation using Zookeeper
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2014 12:48:07 GMT
Hi Kapil,

ZooKeeper server guarantees a total order of messages, and it also
guarantees a total order of proposals. It has internal mechanism to do the
total ordering, which uses a transaction id (zxid) for the requests. As I
know, each transaction is independent to each other. Could you give more
details about your usecases and the way you are going to use ZooKeeper. It
would help to understand more.

one
can help here.

I didn't fully get your point about locking. Are you talking about
distributed locking recipe ?

Regards,
Rakesh