zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Diego Oliveira <loki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asynchronous API's and monotonicity
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 21:11:59 GMT
Flavio,

   Queues usually may have a lot of messages and you may use a znode to
keep those messages. When the client want to list the messages in a anode
the Zookeeper server must pass the child names, but there is a data
transportation limit between the server and the client and if the child
names is larger then this limit the queue crashes. I got this problem in a
production system. Take a look for more details the curator wiki (
https://github.com/Netflix/curator/wiki/Tech-Note-4).