zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Best way to bundle zk in our product
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:20:38 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

I had embedded ZooKeeper server without any issues but not in the production cluster. I feel
you can use it for day to day development phase.
Its being used in ZK unit tests, please refer org.apache.zookeeper.test.QuorumUtil or org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerTestBase.

I've noticed few cases, this may be useful to you.

1) ZK server code has System.exit() which may affect your service.
2) Better to redirect ZK logs to a separate log file which will help in debugging issues independently.
3) Observe the network traffic and GC, this may affect ZK server communications and resulting
in failures.
4) In general, it would be difficult to restart your service or ZK server without affecting
each other.

-Rakesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Lahiru Gunathilake [mailto:glahiru@gmail.com]
Sent: 26 June 2014 18:50
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Best way to bundle zk in our product

Hi All,

With all the community help I was able to integrate ZK to Apache Airavata[1] to achieve fault-tolerance
and it was a very interesting experience to work with ZK. It works as it explains without
any issue.

Now I have an issue how to bundle and ship it. Currently what I have asked the community is
to start ZK instance then run our services. Personally I like that approach and its much cleaner
and in production we can cluster both Airavata and ZK. But for the curiosity I want to know
is there a better way to bundle like an embedded zk which is stable enough for day today development
or there is a better way to do it.

[1]
Regards
Lahiru