zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Kapil <kapildeshpande.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributed Applocation using Zookeeper
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2014 18:03:22 GMT
Thanks Rakesh for mail,
My functionality is as follows.
I am going to use zookeeper to allocate IP addresses. So it will allocate Ip
address from given pool of available IP addresses each time request comes.
Once Ip address allocated I am going to store it in znode to maintain record
so that I can know dynamically each time which IP addresses are available.
So each time while allocating IP address I have some concurrency mechanism
to do this.
So I was only confused that if updates are A-Sequential why do we need
locks. But I think I now understand that since my update operation is
divided into number of individual atomic updates I will have to implement
locking.

Thanks