zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Kapil <kapildeshpande.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Distributed Applocation using Zookeeper
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 17:43:11 GMT
Hi,
I need to design distributed application using zookeeper. This is the first
time I am using Zookeeper so I am little confused with its usage. I have
read that Zab protocol ensures serializability when it comes to multiple
updates but I am unable to understand, if that is the case than it will
automatically allow lock free implementation. So why locks are needed in
first place? It will be great if some one can help here.

Thanks