zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From ralph tice <ralph.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for some sample Zookeeper cluster sizes
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 17:09:34 GMT
We've found that c3.large instances in Amazon AWS work well for ZooKeeper
instances.  We run 5 nodes of ZK across 3 Availability Zones.  Load is
almost always zero, around 50-200kb/s network traffic in/out, ~500-750kb/s
disk writes, ~135MB RAM used per node.  JVM heap settings are default which
works out to ~937.5MB on a c3.large.

Each node is handling ~50 connections and doing about 100M sent/received a
month.  Our node count is pretty low though, only a few thousand.  We use
ZK for coordinating Apache Kafka as well as service discovery.

Does anyone run ZK anywhere close to "hot", i.e. 60-80% machine utilization?