zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: newbie question: how to save a file using zookeeper
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 21:52:33 GMT
via zkCli.sh you can easily save a string as a value using the create
command.

create /testdir "this is a string"

As far as loading a file into a zNode, it's just a matter of reading the
file into an array of bytes and then creating the zNode with that array of
bytes. I haven't used the native zookeeper client, but it's simple enough
with Apache Curator.

CuratorFramework curator = ... //Initialise your client

byte[] fileContents = readFileContent();

curator.create().forPath("/testdir", fileContents);

To read the data out

byte[] fileContents = curator.getData().forPath("/testdir");

cheers