zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <...@itevenworks.net>
Subject Re: Stress testing zookeeper
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 23:33:19 GMT
Hi,

On 14 May 2014 14:24, Anita Kar <anitakar90@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am planning to learn more about Zookeeper as part of a distributed
> systems course in grad school. I was wondering if there are any good stress
> tests or performance benchmarks that are used for Zookeeper?

For stress, to create thousands of clients, ephemerals & get-children call
I use the C lib with epoll (Linux only):

https://github.com/rgs1/zk-misc/

For perf stuff there is:

https://github.com/phunt/zk-smoketest

> Also, are performance tests a good idea at all for Zookeeper, or is the
> focus more on correctness?

Not sure of correctness stuff (i.e.: verify ZAB I guess?)

> Any small enhancements I can do?

Many :-) I guess check the bugtracker:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER

I've always wanted to have some cycles to improve watch delivery (i.e.: we
copy buffers around a couple of times) and
the SessionTracker (it's single-threaded).

cheers,
-rgs