zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Partitioned Zookeeper
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 04:40:52 GMT
On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Pramod Biligiri
<pramodbiligiri@gmail.com>wrote:

> I guess you mean that you can't parallellize the workload because a multi
> command might require locking all the containers? Let me know if I'm
> missing something.

Right.  Getting that to work cleanly could be difficult

The problem is that once a transaction is accepted by one partition, it can
be very difficult to unwind.  That means that if part of a multi is on one
partition and another part is on another partition, you can't really do a
2-phase commit sort of thing since you can't roll back the part that worked
when you find out about the part that didn't.