zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Bachtel <jbach...@bericotechnologies.com>
Subject Using Zookeeper as an authentication/authorization database backend
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 21:40:43 GMT
I would like to use Zookeeper as the authoritative database backend for a
Single Sign On application, due to its high availability features. I know
this is not a traditional Zookeeper usage.

What will be my challenges and limitation in using Zookeeper in this
context? Brainstorming, I came across the following, but is there anything
I'm missing?

Backups
* use zktreedump
* no incremental backup capability

Database size
* database must fit in heap memory

All updates must pass through primary node
* limit on update throughput

I don't believe any of the challenges/limits disqualify Zookeeper for my
use case, but I'm interested to know if their are others.

Thanks!

Jeff Bachtel