zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject leader election doesn't settle
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 05:29:48 GMT
I have a 3 server cluster using ZooKeeper 3.4.5 with server IDs 61,
150, and 228, and 150 is the leader. I shut down 150. I have 2
questions.

1) Both 61 and 228 takes about 5 minutes to detect that the leader
died. Is there a tcp setting I need to tune to make this quicker?

https://paste.apache.org/4AFR?action=download

2) Leader election between 61 and 228 never settles. 61 doesn't seem
to receive notification from 228, and 228 keeps receiving notification
from 61 for the previous epoch. I restarted 61 and the leader election
settled. Have you guys seen this behavior?

https://paste.apache.org/37vU?action=download