zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Vitalii Tymchyshyn <...@tym.im>
Subject Re: Partitioned Zookeeper
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 08:32:05 GMT
My 5 cents.
As far as I understand, there are two narrow points in Zookeeper:
1) single-threaded transaction numbering on coordinator
2) writing data.
Number 1 IMHO can't be avoided, but it can potentially be very fast as
single AtomicLong is needed.
After transaction numbering is done, all other work, including data
writing, can be distributed and parallelized as any recovery / reordering
can use this sequential numbering to ensure that there are no gaps in
transactions sent to clients.
And actually, I'd use some hashing for workload distribution to ensure that
there are no hot spots.

Are there any weak points in my logic?

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn.