zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Create Multiple Ensembles For a Set of Znodes
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 06:01:58 GMT
Hi Rahul,

I hope you are expecting to see the namespace partitioning in ZK. I could see few discussions
going on recently in the user mailing list.

FYI: Please go through the discussions
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/zookeeper-user/201405.mbox/%3CCAHYqJpGtJH4X-r4Uwo5+aS=3c-dOGi7=7QeO3pJLcHf6GdBF6w@mail.gmail.com%3E

Reference JIRA - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-646

-Rakesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul R [mailto:rahul8590@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 May 2014 05:35
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Create Multiple Ensembles For a Set of Znodes

I am trying to create multiple combinations of Zookeeper ensembles  for a given set of Znodes.
for example,

If I have five znode servers {Z1...Z5}  , then I would like to have ensembles of the following
combinations.

 1,2,3,4
 2,3,4,5
 3,4,5,1
and so on ....

Is it possible to create these combinations for ensembles dynamically ?
The only way I can think of is to create a new config file with unique port numbers for each
of the ensemble configurations. Its a cumbersome task. Is there any easier and efficient way
for doing the same ?

Thanks,
./Rahul