zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Giorgio Zullino <giorgiozull...@icloud.com>
Subject Zookeeper Watcher Problem
Date Sun, 18 May 2014 16:08:10 GMT
I want information about watcher,
I must develope a MapReduce Yarn application.
I open the zookeeper connection in the main method in WordCount.java class. After I have a
Map.java class with the map method. In map method i open a new zookeeper connection in this
way:

final CountDownLatch connectedSignal = new CountDownLatch(1);
		    ZooKeeper zk = new ZooKeeper("localhost:2181", 30000, new Watcher() {
		    	@Override
		    	public void process(WatchedEvent event) {
		    		if (event.getState() == Watcher.Event.KeeperState.SyncConnected) {
		    			connectedSignal.countDown();
		    	      }
		    	}
		    });

Map class implements Watcher and i add at the end of Map class the process method. If i change
data on the znode my process method isn’t called!
I wrong sure to set the Watcher :(