zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McKenzie <mckenzie....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZOOKEEPER-900 / 901 / 1678
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 21:36:22 GMT
I've done a bit more testing this morning, and it appears that the leader
election is actually completing, but then just after the election has
completed, the connection attempt to the dead host times out, and this
seems to cause another leader election. The same thing happens the next
leader election. etc.

2014-04-30 04:07:25,383 [myid:3] - INFO
[QuorumPeer[myid=3]/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:2183:Leader@358] - LEADING - LEADER
ELECTION TOOK - 14662
2014-04-30 04:07:25,756 [myid:3] - WARN
[WorkerSender[myid=3]:QuorumCnxManager@382] - Cannot open channel to 2 at
election address /10.0.0.0:3889
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumCnxManager.connectOne(QuorumCnxManager.java:368)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumCnxManager.toSend(QuorumCnxManager.java:341)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.FastLeaderElection$Messenger$WorkerSender.process(FastLeaderElection.java:449)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.FastLeaderElection$Messenger$WorkerSender.run(FastLeaderElection.java:430)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
2014-04-30 04:07:25,757 [myid:3] - INFO
[WorkerReceiver[myid=3]:FastLeaderElection@597] - Notification: 1 (message
format version), 3 (n.leader), 0xc00000001 (n.zxid), 0xb (n.round), LOOKING
(n.state), 3 (n.sid), 0xd (n.peerEpoch) LEADING (my state)

cheers