zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Thread handling
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 04:57:02 GMT

>>> I prefer re-spawning the thread specifically because of the embedded situation.

Actually I'd like to know the way embedding the ZK server. Does the application holds the
reference of ZooKeeper server, if yes, there is a way by checking ZooKeeperServer# isRunning().
If not, it would be good to reach to a common understanding or agreement for the embedded
server approach. I could see ZOOKEEPER-1072 is open for discussion.

>>> I mean ideally if we know how to resolve the issue we should just resolve the
issue instead of relying on an external system like monitoring.
Actually this is again a debatable topic. But my opinion is, restarting the server would be
simple idea compare to pinpointing the actual cause and finding the remedies. Mostly this
would involves too much of tiny conditions and would introduce complexities. What do you say
?

-Rakesh