zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "FPJ" <fpjunque...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: What should be the majority in an ensemble for Zookeeper
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 17:15:33 GMT
I think there is quite a bit of confusion here. You don't select a majority,
the system does it for you. The only thing you need to select is the total
number of servers, and the text you're quoting is just trying to convince
you to use an odd number instead of an even number of servers.

Use 3 servers (total) if you want to tolerate one faulty server, 5 if you
want to tolerate 2 faulty servers, 7 if you want to tolerate 3 and so on.

Hope it is a bit better now.

-Flavio