zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Camille Fournier <cami...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Basic client question
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:59:54 GMT
There is a connect timeout set automatically in the client based on the
session timeout divided by the number of servers in the cluster. You will
see a SessionTimeout exception if you exceed this connect timeout without
successfully connecting to one of the servers.
I would recommend using a higher-level client than the one that ships with
ZooKeeper, or else you have to build all of this in.
Even if you want to build your own, it would probably be useful reading the
documentation for something like Curator, which explains the choices that
client made to do this:
http://curator.apache.org/curator-client/index.html