zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Basic client question
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:06:55 GMT
It's also important to realise that 'never' is a property that's impossible
to detect. The client has no idea if a failure is permanent, because that
would require the ability to see into the future.

So the best you can do is guess, somehow, and as Camille says timeouts are
the best blunt instrument we have.

--
Henry Robinson
Software Engineer