zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fsync latency causing zookeeper server to fall apart
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 00:28:30 GMT
The best way to mitigate this is to fix your platform problem.  There is
very little that ZK can do to help.

IF it takes 10 seconds to flush to disk, this is going to make these
machines pretty intolerable for all kinds of applications.

To specifically answer your question, yes, you can increase timeouts, but
that isn't anything like a fix.