zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Matt Brown <Matthew.Br...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Can ZK be Virtualized in Prod
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 14:35:06 GMT
See #4 here: http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_gotchas. If
the volume holding the transaction log has slow I/O rates, then your Zookeeper will be slow
too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Schless [mailto:patrick.schless@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 3:09 PM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Can ZK be Virtualized in Prod

We run a growing HBase cluster, and use ZK for a couple random other things as well. Currently
we run ZK on small dedicated servers, but I'd love to move them to XenServer if the performance
is good enough. I haven't been able to find much advice on this, so I'm hoping the users here
will be able to tell me if this is a bad idea (or if there's some best practices for making
it work).

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,
Patrick