zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Michael Troup <mtro1...@uni.sydney.edu.au>
Subject Reconfig Disconnects API client session
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:03:23 GMT
Hi,

I have written a simple client using the java API to test reconfiguring a group of zookeeper
servers (ZK-107  3.5.0).

I have 5 participating servers, 1 observing server & one client.

The client connects to the observer server & issues a sychronous reconfig(...) command
that removes one server at random - waits a period of time & then adds the same server
back in to the configuration.

This works if the reconfig removes a follower server.

If the reconfig removes a server that is a leader, the client is disconnected - KeeperErrorCode
= ConnectionLoss?.

I cannot see any reason why the client session (using the API & connected to the observer
server) should be disconnected.

Does anyone know if this is expected behaviour?  I want to observe the time for a leader removal
in a reconfiguration, & this prevents me from doing this.

Thanks,

Mike