zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows support (Win-64)
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 23:53:19 GMT
This is us being our typical conservative selves. ;-) afaik there is
no reason it should work on windows. I think our main concern has been
having folks actually using it on windows and reporting back good
experiences (any windows reports at all have been limited so far) and
also having enough community members interested in windows such that
when an issue does come up there will be someone
willing/interested/able to resolve the issue.

Patrick

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Rakesh R <rakeshr@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi Salabhanjika,
>
> I've used zk client(java) in windows platform during development phase. I personally
feel, java server and java clients would work well in windows environment and there will not
be much issues. But truly speaking I haven't tested thoroughly (java)zk server in windows
platform. Adding one more, recently few efforts has been taken to stabilize Jenkins(Windows)
and is in progress. I think this will give more confidence to all.

> https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-3.4-WinVS2008_java/
> https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk-WinVS2008_java
>
> -Rakesh

it more clear from documentation (admin guide).