zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Windows support (Win-64)
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 21:11:22 GMT
Just back from vacation and didn't notice a number of folks are looking at this:

Kudos!

Ben feel free to jump in and participate.

Regards,

Patrick

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Ben, if you were interested to help drive windows support that
> would be great. I'd be happy to help support. Note that Michi has been
> doing work on this already, you probably have seen that on the ML
> archive and the JIRA. I suggest you look there if you want to get more
> insight into activity/progress.
>
> In terms of what you might do, take a look a our CI env
> https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/ZooKeeper/
> notice that we have three builds running on windows, some with vs2008
>
> Likely you'd want to run the same but in your environment, probably on
> 3.4.5 release
>
> It would be great if you could enter JIRAs/patches for the things you
> find. If you're "comfortable" at some point then I don't see why we
> couldn't update the docs and make it official in an upcoming release.
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick
>
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 1:24 AM,  <Ben.Young@sungard.com> wrote:
>> We would certain be interested in helping giving feedback on the server stability
on Windows. I'm trying to push for increased adoption of Zookeeper in the org, but the message
in the docs itself puts off my managers a bit from pushing full ahead, so it's a bit of a
chicken and egg situation. If there are test suites we can run to help you out I can look
at running them here on Windows...

>> Thanks,
>> Ben

java server/client should work. As mentioned previously in the thread the C client may not
at the moment but in general some folks have had success in the past. (this is what I was
trying to get at before wrt the scope of use and feedback on windows has been limited)