zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Salabhanjika S <salabhanji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows support (Win-64)
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 02:49:38 GMT
> afaik there is no reason it should work on windows.

Patrick, I got more confused by your statement. Did you mean "no reason it
should *NOT* to work on Windows"? I will be very happy if that is what you
meant.
I can say at least 3 of my clients (past & current) asked for Windows
support. Though I don't see a reason for *NOT TO WORK* on Windows, I could
not confidently convince them due to official (read conservative as Pat
mentioned) limitation in documentation (Admin guide).

I agree on our concerns w.r.to community usage and support.
IMHO, we should remove this limitation (in worst case for Server and Java
based Clients) immediately from Admin guide and work on issues w.r.to other
clients.

Just for information only.
Hortonworks claims they will be supporting(in NEAR future release)
distribution on Windows as well.
http://hortonworks.com/products/hdp-windows/