zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Windows support (Win-64)
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 06:24:48 GMT
Hi Salabhanjika,

I've used zk client(java) in windows platform during development phase. I personally feel,
java server and java clients would work well in windows environment and there will not be
much issues. But truly speaking I haven't tested thoroughly (java)zk server in windows platform.
Adding one more, recently few efforts has been taken to stabilize Jenkins(Windows) and is
in progress. I think this will give more confidence to all.

https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-3.4-WinVS2008_java/
https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk-WinVS2008_java

-Rakesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Salabhanjika S [mailto:salabhanjika9@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 January 2014 23:51
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: Windows support (Win-64)

Seems I'm not the first one to be misguided by documentation.

Added a comment in this issue too.

I interpret above jira as, C Client issue for Win-64 alone. If that is the case, should it
more clear from documentation (admin guide).

- Windows (win32 & win64) is supported as a *development and production
platform* for both server and client (java client only). ZK-1635 reference can be provided
here.

Rationale behind this proposal is to bring more confidence to ZooKeeper users on Windows.