zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From <Ben.Yo...@sungard.com>
Subject RE: Windows support (Win-64)
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:24:08 GMT
We would certain be interested in helping giving feedback on the server stability on Windows.
I'm trying to push for increased adoption of Zookeeper in the org, but the message in the
docs itself puts off my managers a bit from pushing full ahead, so it's a bit of a chicken
and egg situation. If there are test suites we can run to help you out I can look at running
them here on Windows...

Thanks,
Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Hunt [mailto:phunt@apache.org]
Sent: 09 January 2014 22:40
To: UserZooKeeper
Subject: Re: Windows support (Win-64)

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Salabhanjika S <salabhanjika9@gmail.com> wrote:
>> afaik there is no reason it should work on windows.
>
> Patrick, I got more confused by your statement. Did you mean "no
> reason it should *NOT* to work on Windows"? I will be very happy if
> that is what you meant.

Oops, sorry about that. I meant to write "no reason it shouldn't work". afaik the java server/client
should work. As mentioned previously in the thread the C client may not at the moment but
in general some folks have had success in the past. (this is what I was trying to get at before
wrt the scope of use and feedback on windows has been limited)

Patrick