zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Kah-Chan Low <kahchan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper::getState() thread safe?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 19:10:53 GMT
Thanks Raul.
Now for the C binding zoo_state(). In C volatile doesn't have the same semantics & zoo_state()
doesn't have a lock on it.  So that means that we are on our own for C then?

Is there a canonical list on which C API functions are thread safe & which ones are not?

On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:58 PM, Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rgs@itevenworks.net>
wrote:

On 14 January 2014 06:23, Kah-Chan Low <kahchanlow@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is said that most zookeeper API functions, including getState() is
> thread safe.
> I looked at the implementation but I fail to see how it can be thread safe.
> Am I missing something?

http://www.javamex.com/tutorials/synchronization_volatile.shtml

-rgs