zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Flavio Junqueira" <fpjunque...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Windows support (Win-64)
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 00:03:42 GMT
We had to make some changes to get the C client to compile with 64 bits on
Windows. I'll post our findings when I have chance.

-Flavio

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Hunt [mailto:phunt@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 11:53 PM
To: UserZooKeeper
Subject: Re: Windows support (Win-64)

This is us being our typical conservative selves. ;-) afaik there is no
reason it should work on windows. I think our main concern has been having
folks actually using it on windows and reporting back good experiences (any
windows reports at all have been limited so far) and also having enough
community members interested in windows such that when an issue does come up
there will be someone willing/interested/able to resolve the issue.

Patrick

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Rakesh R <rakeshr@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi Salabhanjika,
>
> I've used zk client(java) in windows platform during development phase. I
personally feel, java server and java clients would work well in windows
environment and there will not be much issues. But truly speaking I haven't
tested thoroughly (java)zk server in windows platform. Adding one more,
recently few efforts has been taken to stabilize Jenkins(Windows) and is in
progress. I think this will give more confidence to all.

> https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-3.4-WinVS2008_java/
> https://builds.apache.org/job/ZooKeeper-trunk-WinVS2008_java
>
> -Rakesh

case, should it more clear from documentation (admin guide).