zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From S├ękine Coulibaly <scoulib...@gmail.com>
Subject reading/writing data containing spaces with zkClient
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2013 11:30:14 GMT
I wish I could use ZooKeeper to store json data.

My json data contains spaces, eg :

    {"country":"CA","name":"De La Salle"}

Issuing the following command to zkClient only stores
{"id":1,"fullname":"De which is wrong :

    create /contacts/1  {"country":"CA","name":"De La Salle"}

The store command seems to be croped after the first space of the data
payload.

>From what I can see, this issuehas been raised several times (eg. here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11408542/zookeeper-cli-read-znode-with-spaceand
here
http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/Best-way-to-update-node-using-command-line-td7578581.html)
but I was unable to find a better workaround than "patch the java client by
yourself", so that the parameters are not splitted by a space.

Are there any plans to fix this (yes, I suggest this is some kind of bug"),
or a working "escaping" trick ?

Thank you

.