zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From ji yan <yanj...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot start zookeeper after deleting transaction logs and snapshots
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:44:54 GMT
I have made a mistake, in the ignorance of resetting the state of zookeeper
server, by deleting all the snapshots and transaction logs on the server.
When I start the server, the log complains

[2013-11-12 00:27:11,201] INFO Refusing session request for client /
10.0.1.200:44939 as it has seen zxid 0x79d our last zxid is 0x0 client must
try another server (org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn)

I understand that this is because the client has kept an offset before and
it sees that the latest offset in the log ( since all has been removed ) is
way lower than it last time saw, so it refused to connect to load stale
data. Can someone tell me how can I get myself unstuck from this situation?
I cannot find the place where the client keeps the zxid offset.