zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Maciej <jezd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ensure there is one master
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 23:17:25 GMT
Old master in part B will notice that the connection is broken after some time.
New master can be elected in part A earlier.

Let.s say that the system uses a shared disk (SAN).
There is some area on the disk that must be used exclusively (let's
name it EXC).

During this short period of time:

new master will receive a user request, will modify EXC area, and reply to user
old master will also receive another user request, will read EXC data
(during modification by new master) - reading inconsistent data, and
will reply to user - with inconsistent data

I wonder how to avoid such inconsistency.