zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Owen Kim <ohech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disqualify a node from leader election
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:09:30 GMT
Observers can't vote in leader election, though right? I'm not sure the
loss of fault tolerance would be worth it.

The scenario is that I have a 5-node cluster but one node is in an network
partition that gets DOSed around it. When this happens and it's leader, I
see huge performance degradation. The real solution is obviously to move
the node off that network but I wondered if there was an easy way to keep
it from being leader in its configuration.