zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Avinash P <mail.avinas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with leader election
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:01:07 GMT
Hello there!

We're seeing a specific problem on one of our Zookeeper clusters. When nodes come up, they
try the leader election process, fail and then fall back to standalone mode. This is happening
on all the nodes of this specific cluster which was perfectly functional until probably yesterday.

So here are the settings:
ClientPort: 2181
ConnectPort:2888
ElectionPort:3888

We had a functioning quorum of 5 zookeeper nodes, all of which are now running in standalone
mode. Just to be sure that there wasn't any firewall issue I used nc -l 3888 on one of the
servers and tried connecting from the other and that just works fine.

One problem that I see is when a Zookeeper cluster comes it only listens on port 3888 for
a short duration. After which a telnet to port 3888 returns connection refused (nothing's
running on port 3888 as confirmed by sudo netstat).

Logs show a lot of java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

And all nodes seem to run in standalone mode

Thanks in advance for replying

Regards
Avinash