zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Camille Fournier <cami...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Peer that can't become leader
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 16:52:51 GMT
Hi Ben,

Sorry I haven't replied to your post comment. This was "manual" in that we
made sure things like restart scripts would restart this instance last, and
we would monitor that server and restart it if it ever became the elected
leader. It's not ideal but it works, and that's the only way to do what I
suggested because observers are not voting members and thus can't help with
the datacenter failure issue.

Best,
Camille