zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: using observers for failover
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:54:55 GMT
Hi Brian,

Currently you cannot convert an observer to a participant without
modifying zoo.cfg and restarting all the servers. With dynamic
reconfiguration (new in 3.5), you can convert  an observer to a
participant without needing to restart the entire cluster.

I think by far the most common way to tolerate 2 node failure is to
deploy a cluster with 5 or more nodes.