zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From German Blanco <german.blanco.bla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: avoiding the risk of starting ZooKeeper servers in the same ensemble with different transaction logs
Date Sat, 28 Sep 2013 06:33:57 GMT
Thank you, I will check, I must admit I haven't search for this enough :-(
I have also noticed that there is a development option to force
synchronisation via snapshot for 3.5.0. That should avoid the problem.
There is anyway something strange that I have noticed. There were two nodes
showing up in one of the followers of the ensemble (3.4.5 with 3 nodes)
that were not there in the rest, and they were ephemeral nodes. I don't
think that it is easy for ephemeral nodes to be included in data files from
another ensemble, since normally the session that created them wouldn't be
there and they would expire.
Unfortunately, I don't have the logs anymore of when this happened. They
were running with DEBUG and they rotated.
Any ideas?