zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Rakesh R <rake...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Starting a distributed env of ZK
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:40:39 GMT
Hi Sznajder,

>> 1 - In case of  distributed env of ZK, should I start ZK on each one of the servers?
Or only in the master?

It all depends on the tolerated failures in the system and if ZK server goes down, what would
be the impact on your application. In case of Single node ZooKeeper server, it will be the
Single Point of Contact.

The advantage of having ZooKeeper quorum of instances is, your system will be able to run
even if few ZooKeeper server fails.

Please see more about ZooKeeper quorum at:

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperStarted.html#sc_RunningReplicatedZooKeeper

I use the long command line:
java -cp zookeeper.jar:lib/slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar:lib/
slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:conf \ org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain
zoo.cfg

I'll suggest to use the script bin/zkServer.sh start and this is pretty simple.

Please see this section, it will be helpful to setup single node.

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperStarted.html#sc_InstallingSingleMode

-Rakesh