zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Deepinder Singh Setia <dse...@juniper.net>
Subject Re: OperationTimeoutException error
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:11:08 GMT
Hanno, thanks for your feedback. I have a better understanding of the
problem now.

I am not using a dedicated disk for transaction log or dedicated machine
for Zookeeper. Will seriously consider latter first (which will
automatically solve the former issue).

Meanwhile I have increased the session timeout as a work around. I am able
to do that because my sundry clients do not communicate with Zookeeper
directly, instead go through a proxy process. Thus, it is possible to
increase the session timeout for essentially a single ZooKeeper client.

I am also going to look at client side retries along with tuning of GC
parameters to further alleviate the problem.

Thanks
Deepinder