zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically Adding nodes to ZK Ensemble
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 23:33:24 GMT
Please post any issues you're having with Exhibitor on the Github site.

> I add a new zookeeper via the UI in exhibitor. It disappears from the UI
How do you have the shared configuration set? Is it S3? Shared file? Are there any errors
in the log?

> The REST API is not working for me either.  Gives me invalid method even though I have
nodemodification set to true…
There was a bug with this. Make sure you have the latest version.

-JZ

On Aug 15, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Russ Lavoie <ussray_00@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jordan,
>
> We are trying to use exhibitor...  It is

> not working as I expect it to. I read through the docs (maybe I missed something) and
I am not sure how I can do this.

> I add a new zookeeper via the UI in exhibitor.  It turns green and seems happy, then
moments later... It disappears from the UI.  But if I manually add it into the "com.netflix.exhibitor-rolling.servers-spec"
and "com.netflix.exhibitor.servers-spec"

https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor

> -JZ
>
> On Aug 15, 2013, at 12:27 PM, Russ Lavoie <ussray_00@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> The main reason why I ask, is because I need the ability to dynamically add ZK nodes
to the ensemble.  Is there a supported way to do this in 3.4.5?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Russ

7 blockers currently marked, though. Until we decide what to do with all those, we won't have
a release. The bottom line is that we don't have a date, even though the general feeling is
that we would like to have it soon. The are important features lined up for 3.5.0. It viable
to have 3.4.6 shortly, though.