zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "FPJ" <fpjunque...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Zoo Keep widely distributed?
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 08:54:03 GMT
I assume that when you say across LANs you mean different colos, although I
suppose what I'm about to say holds even if the assumption is incorrect. The
overall performance depends on your read:write ratio. Since reads are local
to a server, they don't cross the boundaries of a colo.  You could also
consider using observers to avoid the penalty of coordinating across colos
for writes to the zookeeper state.

Consider reading this blog post by Camille Fournier:

http://whilefalse.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/building-global-highly-available.ht
ml

-Flavio