zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Backup/restore of an emsemble
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 20:45:57 GMT
Exhibitor does not handle snapshots. The backup feature in Exhibitor is for transaction logs
only and then only for selected ZNodes in the logs. Exhibitor will create a Lucene index out
of the backed up logs so that one can replay any event. IMO - 99% of nodes in ZooKeeper are
usually ephemeral and should not be restored.

-JZ

On Jul 9, 2013, at 2:16 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fpjunqueira@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Jordan,
>
> I have one question about the Backup/Restore feature of Exhibitor. Perhaps I should ask
this question on the project list, but given this recent thread I thought it would be a good
idea to ask it here.