zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper ensemble backup questions?
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:13:38 GMT
I'm a bit late to this one but I don't understand the need for complete backup of ZK data.
In my experience, 99% of ZNodes are ephemeral. Therefore, it would be wrong to restore those
nodes. In a disaster, the connection sessions would expire and you would not want ephemeral
nodes restored. This is why in Exhibitor I took the approach of selective restore.

-Jordan