zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From chao chu <chuchao...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple disconnected events received within one millisecond (using zookeeper 3.3.5)
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:35:54 GMT
Hi,

we observed some very strange behavior, from our server's log, we saw tens
of disconnected events received within one millisecond (we basically logged
every zk events), which doesn't make much sense to me.

some details about this:

due to some flaw of our own code, which caused continuous major GC pauses
(the longest one is about 30s), we saw some repeated
"connected->disconnected->expired" events and we got tens of stale znodes
(we have created some ephemeral-sequential znodes for leader election).

I have two questions on this:

1. should it be guaranteed that the ephemeral nodes will be deleted when
session got expired?

2. why there are so many continuous 'Disconnected' events received? I saw
there was a quite old discussions related to this back to 2009 (
http://www.mail-archive.com/zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org/msg00184.html),
does this remain the same?

Thanks & Regards,

--