zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Owen Kim <ohech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client host selection?
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 01:57:07 GMT
So, what I've been doing is using haproxy to set the local nodes as
primary. Though, this created a problem with Cassandra when I did the same
because it obfuscated application errors and created failover problems that
the client would normally handle because the client only saw a single host.
The Cass client has a configurable load balancing policy. I was hoping ZK
had the same so I could get rid of haproxy.

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com