zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Running a 3-node ensemble on a single machine
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:50:50 GMT
I don't know if there is any "clean" way to do it. You just need to
prepare 3 config files, 3 data directories, and start the servers.

http://pastebin.com/mx8mn5K3

I recently added a C++ class to start multiple zookeeper servers on a
single host for testing dynamic reconfiguration. It might be similar
to what you are looking for.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/zookeeper/trunk/src/c/tests/ZooKeeperQuorumServer.h?view=markup
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/zookeeper/trunk/src/c/tests/ZooKeeperQuorumServer.cc?revision=1455387&view=markup

--Michi

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Drew Kutcharian <drew@venarc.com> wrote:
> No, it's not for testing. I'm not familiar with Curator's TestingCluster. I would like
to simulate the production environment.

> On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:25 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com> wrote:
>
>> If this is just for testing, use the TestingCluster from Curator.
>>
>> On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:23 PM, Drew Kutcharian <drew@venarc.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> For development purposes I would like to run a 3 node Zookeeper ensemble on a
single machine (Mac OS X). What's the cleanest way to do this?