zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Yasin <yasinceli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consistency in zookeeper
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 20:50:44 GMT
I am trying to build a system that is always consistent to any client. For
example a client sends a write request to update x from x=4 to x=5 to
zookeeper and zookeeper leader sends this write request to the followers. In
the meantime, the same client wants to read x, and it gets the old value
(x=4) from some follower which has not updated the x value. I understand
client will get x=5 if it sync before read. This is the consistency model
that zookeeper provides. In this case the performance will decrease.