zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Raghu Shastry <rag...@yahoo.com>
Subject Questions on snapshots
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 03:09:51 GMT
I am returning to the ZooKeeper land after a long hiatus, so got some questions :-)

I am running some tests trying to reduce the frequency of ZK snapshots. So I am setting zookeeper.snapCount
to a very high value (10 million transactions) so that it forces ZK to create snapshots infrequently.
ZK seems to be ignoring this completely and creating snapshots once about 72K transactions
(I thought the default snapCount value is 100K). I have the following line in the config file:

zookeeper.snapCount=10000000

Couple of questions:

1. Any idea why ZK is not honoring the snapCount value? Any idea why it is not honoring the
default value either?
2. If I understand it correctly, the transaction log is reset each time (and only when) a
snapshot is taken. If snapshots are not taken regularly, the transaction log will keep growing
in size without ever being truncated to shrink it's size. Did I describe this right?

Thanks
Raghu